Proverbs - Chapter 22:6
6. Train a child in the way he should go, and when
he is old he will not turn from it.
Psalm - Chapter 127:3
3. Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward
Proverbs - Chapter 4:1-17
1. Listen , my sons, to a father's instruction; pay
attention and gain understanding.
2. I give you sound learning, so do not forsake my teaching.
3. When I was a boy in my father's house, still tender, and an only child
of my mother,
4. he taught me and said, Lay hold of my words with all your heart; keep
my commands and you will live.
5. Get wisdom, get understanding; do not forget my words or swerve from
6. Do not forsake wisdom, and she will protect you; love her, and she
will watch over you.
7. Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost all you have,
8. Esteem her, and she will exalt you; embrace her, and she will honor
9. She will set a garland of grace on your head and present you with a
crown of splendor.
10. Listen, my son, accept what I say, and the years of your life will
11. I guide you in the way of wisdom and lead you along straight paths.
12. When you walk, your steps will not be hampered; when you run, you
will not stumble.
13. Hold on to instruction, do not let it go; guard it well, for it is
14. Do not set foot on the path of the wicked or walk in the way of evil
15. Avoid it, do not travel on it; turn from it and go on your way.
16. For they cannot sleep till they do evil; they are robbed of slumber
till they make someone fall.
17. They eat the bread of wickedness and drink the wine of violence.
18. The path of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, shining
ever brighter till the full light of day.
Proverbs - Chapter 6:20-23 (
taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation ©. Copyright ©
1996, by Tyndale Chariatable Trust)
20. My son, obey your father's commands, and don't
neglect your mother's teaching.
21. Keep their words always in your heart. Tie them around your neck.
22. Wherever you walk, their counsel can lead you. When you sleep, they
will protect you. When you wake up in the morning, they will advise you.
23. For these commands and this teaching are a lamp to light the way ahead
of you. The correction of discipline is the way of life.
Proverbs - Chapter 2:1-6
1. My son, if you accept my words and store up my commands
2. turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding,
3. and if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding,
4. and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden
5. then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge
6. For the Lord gives wisdom, and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.
Proverbs - Chapter 3:1-12
1. My son, do not forget my teaching, but keep my commands
in your heart,
2. for they will prolong your life many years and bring you prosperity.
3. Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck,
write them on the tablet of your heart.
4. then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man.
5. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
6. in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
7. Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and shun evil.
8. This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones.
9. Honor the Lord with your wealth, with the firstfruits of all your crops;
10. then your barns will be filled to overflowing, and your vats will
brim over with new wine.
11. My son, do not despise the Lord's discipline and do not resent his
12. because the Lord disciplines those he loves, as a father the son he
Mark - Chapter 10:13-14
13. People were bringing little children to Jesus to
have him touch them, but the disciples rebuked them.
14. When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, "Let
the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom
of God belongs to such as these."
Ephesians - Chapter 6:1-4
1.Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this
2. "Honor your father and mother"-which is the first commandment with
3."that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the
4. Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in
the training and instruction of the Lord."
Colossians - Chapter 3:20
20. Children, obey your parents in everything, for this
pleases the Lord.
Scripture taken from the Holy Bible,
New International Version©. Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, by
International Bible Society. Used by permission of the International Bible
Society. "NIV" and "New International Version" are
trademarks registered in the United States Patent and Trademark office
by International Bible Society