Raising ChildrenWhat the Bible says about discipline
1. Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction
Proverbs - Chapter 13:
1. A wise son heeds his father's instruction, but a mocker does not listen to rebuke.
18. He who ignores discipline comes to poverty and shame, but whoever heeds correction is honored.
24. He who spares the rod hates his son, but
he who loves him is careful to discipline him.
5 A fool spurns his father's discipline, but whoever
heeds correction shows prudence.
10. Stern discipline awaits him who leaves the
path; he who hates correction will die.
Proverbs - Chapter 15:32
32. He who ignores discipline despises himself, but whoever heeds correction gains understanding.
18. Discipline your son, for in that there is
hope; do not be a willing party to his death.
Proverbs - Chapter 22:15
15. Folly is bound up in the heart of a child,
but the rod of discipline will drive it far from him.
Proverbs - Chapter 23:13-14
13. Do not withhold discipline from a child; it
you punish him with the rod, he will not die.
Hebrews - Chapter 12:7-11
7. Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you
as sons. For what son is not disciplined by his father?