Proverbs - Chapter 12:22
22. The Lord detests lying lips, but he delights
in men who are truthful.
Proverbs - Chapter 13:3
3. He who guards his lips guards his soul, but
he who speaks rashly will come to ruin.
Proverbs - Chapter 15:1, 4
1. A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh
word stirs up anger.
23. A man finds joy in giving an apt reply-- and how
good is a timely word!
13. Kings take pleasure in honest lips; they value
a man who speaks the truth.
25. So put away all falsehood and "tell your neighbor
the truth" because we belong to each other.
17. And whatever you do or say, let it be as a
representative of the Lord Jesus, all the while giving thanks through
him to God the Father.
Colossians - Chapter 4:6
6. Let your conversation be always full of grace,
seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.
James - Chapter 1:19,26 ( taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation ©. Copyright © 1996, by Tyndale Chariatable Trust)
19. My dear brothers and sisters, be quick to
listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry.
Scripture taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version©. Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, by International Bible Society. Used by permission of the International Bible Society. "NIV" and "New International Version" are trademarks registered in the United States Patent and Trademark office by International Bible Society