The delights of the marriage bed
Song of Songs - Chapter 2:6
6. His left arm is under my head, and his right arm embraces
Songs - Chapter 4:1-7, 9-11
1. How beautiful you are, my darling! Oh, how beautiful!
Your eyes behind your veil are doves. Your hair is like a flock of goats
descending from Mount Gilead.
2. Your teeth are like a flock of sheep just shorn, coming up from the
washing. Each has its twin; not one of them is alone.
3. Your lips are like a scarlet ribbon; your mouth is lovely. Your temples
behind your veil are like the halves of a pomegranate.
4. Your neck is like the tower of David, built with elegance; on it hang
a thousand shields, all of them shields of warriors.
5. Your two breasts are like two fawns, like twin fawns of a gazelle that
browse among the lilies.
6. Until the day breaks and the shadows flee, I will go to the mountain
of myrrh and to the hill of incense.
7. All beautiful you are, my darling; there is no flaw in you.
9. You have stolen my heart, my sister, my bride; you have stolen my heart
with one glance of your eyes, with one jewel of your necklace.
10. How delightful is your love, my sister, my bride! How much more pleasing
is your love than wine and the fragrance of your perfume than any spice!
11. Your lips drop sweetness as the honeycomb, my bride; milk and honey
are under your tongue.
Song of Songs - Chapter 6:3
3. I am my lover's and my lover is mine.
Song of Songs - Chapter
1. How beautiful your sandaled feet, O prince's daughter!
Your graceful legs are like jewels, the work of a craftsman's hands.
2. Your navel is a rounded goblet that never lacks blended wine. Your
waist is a mound of wheat encircled by lilies.
3. Your breasts are like two fawns, twins of a gazelle.
4. Your neck is like an ivory tower. Your eyes are the pools of Heshbon
by the gate of Bath Rabbim. Your nose is like the tower of Lebanon looking
5. Your head crowns you like Mount Carmel. Your hair is like royal tapestry;
the king is held captive by its tresses.
6. How beautiful you are and how pleasing, O love, with your delights!
7. Your stature is like that of the palm, and your breasts like clusters
8. I said, "I will climb the palm tree; I will take hold of its fruit."
May your breasts be like the clusters of the vine, the fragrance of your
breath like apples, and your mouth like the best wine. May the wine go
straight to my lover, flowing gently over lips and teeth.
10. I belong to my lover, and his desire is for me.
First Corinthians - Chapter 7:2-5
2. Since there is so much immorality, each man should have
his own wife, and each woman her own husband.
3. The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise
the wife to her husband.
4. The wife's body does not belong to her alone but also to her husband.
In the same way, the husband's body does not belong to him alone but also
to his wife.
5. Do not deprive each other except by mutual consent and for a time,
so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again
so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.
Hebrews - Chapter 13:4
( taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation
©. Copyright © 1996, by Tyndale
4. Give honor to marriage, and remain faithful to one another
in marriage. God will surely judge people who are immoral and those who
Scripture taken from the Holy Bible,
New International Version©. Copyright
© 1973, 1978, 1984, by Inernational Bible Society.
Used by permission of the International Bible Society. "NIV"
and "New International Version" are trademarks regirsterd in
the United States Patent and Trademark office by International Bible Society