Sex In Marriage
Warnings against immorality
- Chapter 20:14
14. You shall not commit adultery.
- Chapter 18:6-18, 22
6. No one is to approach any close relative to have sexual
relations. I am the Lord.
7. Do not dishonor your father by having sexual relations with your mother.
She is your mother; do not have relations with her.
8. Do not have sexual relations with your father's wife; that would dishonor
9. Do not have sexual relations with your sister, either your father's
daughter or your mother's daughter, whether she was born in the same home
10. Do not have sexual relations with your son's daughter or your daughter's
daughter; that would dishonor you.
11. Do not have sexual relations with the daughter of your father's wife,
born to your father; she is your sister.
12. Do not have sexual relations with your father's sister; she is your
father's close relative.
13. Do not have sexual relations with your mother's sister, because she
is your mother's close relative.
14. Do not dishonor your father's brother by approaching his wife to have
sexual relations; she is your aunt.
15. Do not have sexual relations with your daughter-in-law. She is your
son's wife; do not have relations with her.
16. Do not have sexual relations with your brother's wife; that would
dishonor your brother.
17. Do not have sexual relations with both a woman and her daughter. Do
not have sexual relations with either her son's daughter or her daughter's
daughter; they are her close relatives. That is wickedness.
18. Do not take your wife's sister as a rival wife and have sexual relations
with her while your wife is living.
22. Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.
Proverbs - Chapter 5:20-21
20. Why be captivated, my son, by
an adulteress? Why embrace the bosom of another man's wife?
21. For a man's ways are in full view of the Lord, and he examines all
- Chapter 5:27-28
You have heard that it was said, "Do not commit adultery."
28. But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already
committed adultery with her in his heart.
Proverbs - Chapter 6:23-29
23. For these commands are a lamp, this teaching is a light,
and the corrections of discipline are the way to life,
24 keeping you from the immoral woman, from the smooth tongue of the wayward
25. Do not lust in your heart after her beauty or let her captivate you
with her eyes,
26. for the prostitute reduces you to a loaf of bread, and the adulteress
preys upon your very life.
27. Can a man scoop fire into his lap without his clothes being burned?
28. Can a man walk on hot coals without his feet being scorched?
29. So is he who sleeps with another man's wife; no one who touches her
will go unpunished.
First Corinthians - Chapter
9. Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the
kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters
nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders
10. nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers
will inherit the kingdom of God.
First Corinthians - Chapter 6:18-20
18. Flee from sexual immorality. All
other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually
sins against his own body.
19. Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who
is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;
20. You were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.
Galatians - Chapter 5:19-21
( taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation
©. Copyright © 1996, by Tyndale
19. When you follow the desires
of your sinful nature, your lives will produce these evil results: sexual
immorality, impure thoughts, eagerness for lustful pleasure,
20. idolatry, participation in demonic activities, hostility, quarreling,
jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, divisions, the feeling
that everyone is wrong except those in your own little group,
21. envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other kinds of sin. Let me tell
you again, as I have before, that anyone living that sort of life will
not inherit the Kingdom of God.
Ephesians - Chapter 5:3-7 (
taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation ©. Copyright
© 1996, by Tyndale Chariatable Trust)
3. Let there be no sexual
immorality, impurity, or greed among you. Such sins have no place among
4. Obscene stories, foolish talk, and coarse jokes - these are not for
you. Instead, let there be thankfulness to God.
5. You can be sure that no immoral, impure, or greedy person will inherit
the Kingdom of Christ and of God. For a greedy person is really an idolater
who worships the things of this world.
6. Don't be fooled by those who try to excuse these sins, for the terrible
anger of God comes upon all those who disobey him.
7. Don't participate in the things these people do.
Scripture taken from the Holy Bible,
New International Version©. Copyright
© 1973, 1978, 1984, by Inernational Bible Society.
Used by permission of the International Bible Society. "NIV"
and "New International Version" are trademarks regirsterd in
the United States Patent and Trademark office by International Bible Society