in the Bible
John – Chapter 2:1-11
On the third day a wedding took place at Cana in Galilee. Jesus’ mother
2. Jesus and his disciples had also been invited to the wedding.
3. When the wine was gone, Jesus’ mother said to him, “They have no more
4. “Dear woman, why do you involve me?” Jesus replied. “My time has not
5. His mother said to the servants, “Do whatever he tells you.”
6. Nearby stood six stone water jars, the kind used by the Jews for ceremonial
washing, each holding from twenty to thirty gallons.
7. Jesus said to the servants, “Fill the jars with water”; so they filled
them to the brim.
8. Then he told them, “Now draw some out and take it to the master of
the banquet.” They did so
9. The master of the banquet tasted the water that had been turned into
wine. He did not realize where it had come from, though the servants who
had drawn the water knew. Then he called the bridegroom aside
10. and said, “Everyone brings out the choice wine first and then the
cheaper wine after the guests have had too much to drink; but you have
saved the best till now.”
11. This, the first of his miraculous signs, Jesus performed in Cana in
Galilee. He thus revealed his glory, and his disciples put their faith
Scripture taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version©. Copyright
© 1973, 1978, 1984, by International Bible Society. Used by permission
of the International Bible Society. "NIV" and "New International Version"
are trademarks registered in the United States Patent and Trademark office
by International Bible Society